1. Babe Ruth was the first player ever to hit a home run in an All-Star Game.
2. Allspice is a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
3. The lima bean is named for the city of Lima, Peru.
4. The man who delivered the eulogy for George Washington as “first in war, first in peace, first in the hearts of his countrymen” was Robert E. Lee’s father.
5. Barbra Streisand was never a member of her high school glee club.
6. Dr. Joyce Brothers won over $100,000 as a game show contestant in the mid-1950s.
7. Only female mosquitoes bite.
8. Soccer originated in the United States.
9. Elvis Presley had more consecutive singles reach the top five on the Billboard charts than the Beatles.
10. A statue mile, equal to 5,280 feet, is longer than a nautical mile.
11. Approximately when was the wheel invented?
a. 3,500 years ago
b. 5,500 years ago
c. 7,500 years ago
12. From whom did Europeans first learn about chocolate?
c. East Indians
13. According to Billboard charts, who was the first artist in the rock era to have four Top-10 singles from a debut album?
a. Whitney Houston
b. Cyndi Lauper
14. Which of the following is spelled correctly?
15. Robinson Crusoe Island is one of the Juan Fernandez Islands, which are located where?
a. in the Atlantic, off the coast of West Africa
b. in the Indian Ocean, off the coast of East Africa
c. in the Pacific ocean, off the coast of Chile
16. When the Brownie Box Camera was introduced by Eastman Kodak in 1900, what was its retail price?
17. The British royal family, now known as the House of Windsor, changed it name from what in response to anti-German feeling at the outbreak of World War I?
d. Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
18. Which pair of genetically similar characters perform a piano duet in the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
a. Bambi and Bullwinkle
b. Donald Duck and Daffy Duck
c. Garfield and Sylvester
d. Speedy Gonzales and Minnie Mouse
19. According to Homer’s epic poem The Iliad, who or what was inside the Trojan Horse?
a. Greek soldiers
b. Trojan soldiers
20. What is the last line spoken in the 1983 film Return of the Jedi?
b. “Good luck.”
c. “He's my brother”
d. “May the Force be with you.”
Some questions on this page are from The Original Trivia Treasury: 1,001 Questions for Competitive Play, by R. Wayne Schmittberger (John Wiley & Sons, 1990) or Test Your Baseball Literacy, by R. Wayne Schmittberger (John Wiley & Sons, 1991)
As more questions are added, older ones will be archived but will remain available.
Copyright © 2019 Wayne Schmittberger · All Rights Reserved · Home